Coventry Premier

Showing the single result

Showing the single result

Coventry Premier Limited owned a British car and cyclecar manufacturing business based in Coventry from 1912 to 1923. It changed its name from Premier Cycles to Coventry Premier Ltd in November 1914.

The company of the owners Hillman, Herbert and Cooper, founded in 1876, came up with several revolutionary models at the beginning of cycling. In 1884 it was the Kangaroo model, a reduced high wheel transmitting pedaling power by means of vertical chain gears, and in 1886 the first model with a cross frame. The A4 model was produced for almost 4 years and contributed to the rapid development of the brand. Interesting fact – the oldest Premier early safety bicycles have one exceptional identification mark – a chain drive on the left side. The company maintained this solution until the mid 90´s.

More info at