Swingline

Showing all 3 results

Showing all 3 results

Swingline was founded in 1925 in New York City by Jack Linsky. At that time, it was known as the Parrot Speed Fastener Company and opened its first manufacturing facilities on Varick Street, and in Long Island City in 1931. Eight years later the company changed its name to Speed Products and created the first top-opening stapler, allowing easy refilling of a full strip of staples.

The design of this stapler, called the “Swingline” in 1935, eventually became the industry standard. In 1956 the company was renamed Swingline, and in 1968 introduced the Swingline 747, their most popular model yet. It was then sold to American Brands for $210 million in 1970. At the time of the sale, Jack Linsky was president and chairman and his wife Belle Linsky was treasurer. They owned 19 percent of the stock. Swingline became a division of ACCO, under Fortune Brands, in 1987.

more info at